Monday, November 23, 2009

Reasons Why We Were Born (No.2)

(December 28, 2008, No. 14)


In a man’s life, there is something he has to do. Now, what is it….?

D: Thing man has to do, hm……

G: Ha, ha, ha. It is difficult, isn’t it? By the way, it is ok to say what the god ‘hopes’ for man, and not ‘necessary’ to do. Therefore, I will tell you the answer. Are you ready? During man's life here on the earth, he has to

'cultivate and purify his spirit'

That is the important thing to do.

D: Cultivate spirit and purify it…. Ah, it sounds great, but I don’t understand the meaning…

G: The meaning of cultivating the soul is to affect it. To purify the soul is to love it.

D: To affect and to love…. Excuse me, I still don’t understand well….

G: Okay. For instance, Dragon, what is your ideal man to become in the future?

D: Yes. Well, after all, it is abstract, but I wish to increase the number of people who have been happy to meet me. However, it doesn’t go so well sometimes and I cause trouble to people around me …

G: Well, whatever the ideal people hope for, everyone has one. Having the ideal is really wonderful. And, man is working desperately to achieve that.

D: Hmm, I don’t know that people are working desperately to achieve their ideal future or not, but I think everyone is working toward it.

G: Indeed. However, you don’t need to work hard.

D: Ah!? Seriously?

G: Yes, it is okay. You don’t need to work hard for it.

D: Hmm… Are you sure?

G: You don’t need perseverance. Are you listening? The soul grows.

D: How does it grow, by itself?

G: Indeed. By itself, if a person lives. The soul is raised, rather than growing up by itself.

D: Who raises it? The god? Kamisama?

G: Of course, the god, but also the people you mentioned, Dragon.

D: Ah! ‘The people around me’! Certainly! I think so.

G: Dragon, though I preached this to Buddha a long, long time ago…

D: Ah!? Wait a minute! Buddha of Buddhism, Buddha? You preached to him, did you talk to him?

G: You don’t need to be surprised that much. You may think that most religious great men are able to talk with the god.

D: Wow... I am surprised… (That is terrific if it is true).

G: Ha, ha, ha. It is okay if you believe it or not . By the way, though the story wanders for a moment, I don’t want you to think to make a religion for you and your brother (Aniki), there is no need to become religious at all.

D: Ah, don’t worry, my brother and I do not want to create a new religion at all. Please do not worry. We are interested in passing on messages of Kamisama to living people.

G: Thank you. Then, I will continue the Buddha’s story. He thought that first he should work hard by force, forge his soul and make it strong . However, the necessity doesn’t exist. (it isn’t necessary.)

D: Hmm…, but I think that a person working hard is respectful…?

G: Of course, it is splendid. However, the soul is raised by its environment as I mentioned before and not by itself. On the contrary, Dragon, you are helping to raise souls around you as well.

D: Hmm…, I hope it works that way…

G: For instance, Dragon. You have experienced many hardships.

D: Ah? Me? No, no, I haven’t! I am living in an easy life.

G: You don’t need to be humble. You’ve suffered many trials and tribulations. You’ve experienced hardships which you can’t even tell others. You have even thought about committing suicide at a certain time, haven’t you?

D: Uh…..

G: Dragon, when you experienced hardship, how did you overcome it? Do you remember?

D: Ah, to tell the truth, I didn’t do anything after all. People around Aniki and me encouraged us, gave us hints, and occasionally scolded us, and helped mentally and financially.

G: Yes, it is so. If no one around you had helped, what would have happened to you, Dragon?

D: Ah,I think about that often… Maybe, certainly, I would have been desperate if no one had been around me. I seriously think that I might have become so-called a yakuza (gangster).

G: Ha, ha, ha. You might have. However, you over came your hardship with the help of people around you. Of course, big hardships are waiting…

D: Ah! There are more….

G: Of course! However, Dragon, the soul is raised by hardships. For instance, how do flowers and plants grow?

D: Ah? Water, soil, light isn’t it?

G: In other words?

D: In other words?

G: What are hardships for man?

(Continue. This answer is easy, isn’t it?)

No comments:

Post a Comment