Monday, November 30, 2009

Reasons Why We Were Born (No.3)

(December 29, 2008 No.15)


According to Kamisama, the soul isn’t forged or made strong by itself, but its growth is influenced by its environment and also the hardships it faces. They are like water, soil, and light for flowers and plants. In other words ・・・

D: Does hardship for man mean nutrition? ...

G: That is right! Indeed. Hardships are the nutrition that raises souls. So, we have to welcome them.

D: Hmm, certainly, when you put it that way, I understand, but honestly, I don’t want to experience it.

G: Ha, ha, ha. It may be so. Well, then, Dragon, let me tell you a special secret, the reasons why the soul is born in man.

D: Oh! I want to know that.

G: Of course there are many reasons, but there are some more important than others. Are you ready? The soul wants to be born in man and wants to experience the following:

・I want to worry.
・I want to be at a loss.
・I want to suffer.


These are the reasons.

D: Ah!? Such masochistic thinking! I never think so!

G: Ha, ha, ha. You have just forgotten, I have spoken to you about a world of gods before?

D: Ah, Yes. It was a discussion about a wonderful world where things are achieved at once, wasn’t it?

G: Yes, it is a wonderful world, but because of that reason, gods are bored. It is a world without hardships. No ways of overcoming hardships there and for that reason alone we can call it ‘Boredom’.

D: Ah…Do you think that?

G: Yes, I do… So, they want to come and live again in severe human conditions where a lot of hardships exist. In a word, they actually want to feel alive from the adversities.

D: So, if the god world is described in such a way, it seems like a virtual world…?

G: Yes! It is a virtual world. Therefore, they want to come to a world of living.

D: Really? Well, I will make an effort to bless the hardships, though I do not want to face them at all.

G: Dragon, who makes the hardships?

D: Well? Who? Hmm, me or the people around me?

G: Yes, both. Your enemies and other people who try to trap you might cause hardships for you. However, it is possible to think that in this way they also are raising you, Dragon.

D: Ah, well, indeed. If I think the hardships are like nourishment, they might be so…

G: Yes. They create nourishment purposely for you. Therefore, we should express our gratitude to them.

D: Guuu… (Do I need to I express my gratitude even to them?)

G: Ha, ha, ha. Certainly it is difficult. But, Dragon, let me teach you one important thing when we express our gratitude. Remember well.

D: The one necessary thing when we express our gratitude?

G: Are you ready? It is 'Modesty’. Modestly and modestly. You deal with things with the feeling of “Okagesamede” (gratitude for grace of god). If you do that, a sense of gratitude will come naturally.

D: Ah, indeed “Modesty” that is also difficult, isn’t it?

G: But Dragon, when man wishes to express his gratitude for even his hardships, he is cultivating his soul.

D: Ah? Really?

G: Yes, it is so. Man does not live alone. He is alive because of his surroundings. Some people may say that they worked hard and achieved something by themselves, but they had the help of people around them who accepted and supported them, they cannot deny that fact.

D: Indeed. Certainly, that's right if we think in that manner… modesty …

G: Now then, let's summarize here together. Dragon, what is the most important key word to cultivate the soul?

D: It is gratitude, isn’t it?

G: That is right! Gratitude, gratitude, gratitude. When we wish to express our gratitude sincerely, the soul is cultivated. That action means ‘loving the soul’.
D: Loving … is gratitude. Then, having hardships is a chance to express gratitude. In a word, it is a chance to cultivate the soul?

G: That is right, Dragon! You are getting it... Of course, if we express our gratitude and are modest every day, even in good days, the soul will be cultivated more.

D: Is it so? I understood. I express my gratitude for all and with a modest attitude.

G: Please do so. By the way, let’s go next to gratitude. For instance, let’s say Dragon, that you’ve expressed gratitude for hardships you’ve experienced, then you will change.

D: Ah? After my soul is cultivated, does anything change? Does my character improve?

G: You’ve hit a good point. Who judges your character?

D: People around me?

G: Indeed. In a word, what do you do to surrounding people?

D: Hmm….. I send my gratitude to people around me? Though I don’t quite understand.

G: Yes! You start expressing your gratitude to the people around you.

D: Ah, ok… In other words, I feel gratitude… I understand the worth of the blessing…

G: You used a good word, Dragon, it is a really good word, I want you to make it your habit to say ‘grateful’, this word can be said in a kind of ‘chant that brings happiness.

D: I see! I will remind myself to say it often.

G: Well, when man understands gratitude, his feeling of gratitude will expand. Then he can treat people around him with gratitude. And, there is something arises from the gratitude. That is….

D: Something will arise from the gratitude…?

G: Dragon, that is Love.

D: Love? Does love arise from gratitude?

G: Indeed. When a person treats people with gratitude, love arises naturally.

D: Ah, I see. Certainly, it might be….

G: To give love to others is to purify the soul. In a word, it is to love the soul.

D: To love the soul! To purify means this! Well, if I summarize it…”

To express gratitude = To cultivate the soul

To love = To purify the soul

Is this right?”

G: That is right! This is what god hopes for man.

D: Indeed… Certainly, I think if man becomes such a person, he will live a wonderful life….

G: Without doubt, his life will be a wonderful one.

D: Yes. Ah, but, it may be a mean question, but why does god hopes so? Is there any return favor to him?”

G: Of course, there is a return favor.

D: Ah? Seriously? What is it?


(Unexpected return favor will continue, next…)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much for the update.. your work is very much appriciated. Please keep up the great work ;-)

    Robert

    ReplyDelete